Birmingham, West Midlands
£275.00 - £300.00 per day
about 1 year ago
* Preparation of internal commercial reporting and any other reports which may be required.
* Preparation of Valuations/Application for payment with full supporting documentation in accordance with the contract.
* Preparation of Cost Reports to the Client with contractually compliant supporting documentation.
* Preparation and management of subcontract and material procurement schedules.
* Administration of subcontractor/supplier accounts from the preparation of detailed requisitions, monitoring and authorisation of subcontract payments through to agreement of final accounts.
* Undertake the contract administration, including change management and maintain associated registers.
* Identifying commercial risks, opportunities, value engineering and change.
* Challenge & manage in cost control / cost mitigation.
* Ensure the correct site records are maintained.
* Implement a WBS structure to satisfy the Client & Contract requirements.
* Have an up to date Cost to Complete and Risk analysis Register for the projects(s).
* Preparation, negotiation and agreement of change events, extension of time claims, final accounts etc.
* Measurement of quantities in accordance with the standard methods of measurement as required.
* Ensure appropriate Client Management is initiated and maintained.
* Drafting of complex subcontract arrangement including professional services & appropriate terms of engagement.
* Identification and advice upon of insurance related issues, including PI.
* Maximising of cash position, including WIP control, cash flow production & improvement plans.
* Maintain / assist in the production of the margin improvement plan on the project.
* Assist in work winning duties as required, including technical writing for PQQ responses.
* Undertake any other work as required of you by your line manager
Skills and Experience
* Commercially astute. Excellent knowledge of Standard Forms of Contract and Standard Methods of Measurement.
* Computer literate with strong skills in Microsoft Office Applications (Word/Excel/Outlook/PowerPoint)
* Good communication skills including presentations and ability to negotiate and persuade others.
* Programming techniques, project controls, risk analysis, contract admin, procurement, cost, claims.
* Must be able to demonstrate experience of working on Target Cost / Re-Measureable / Fixed-Price contracts
* Must be able to demonstrate the ability to interpret programmes and have a clear understanding of critical path analysis
* Must have a proven track record in resource based cost forecasting
* Experience working on Rail and/or Multi-Disciplinary Civil Engineering projects
* Experience of working within an Alliance / Framework / Joint Venture environment
* MRICS qualified (or equivalent), or be able to demonstrate that they are working towards chartership.