Sheffield, South Yorkshire
£30000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Benefits, Car allowance, Pension
about 1 year ago
Opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor to join a leading Construction Developer and Main Contractor working on a new build residential project in the Sheffield area.
My client is looking for candidates who have quantity surveying experience with a main contractor working on new build residential or housing construction projects. This role offers the opportunity to join a leading developer and main contractor with a generous salary and great opportunities for career progression.
The development consists of 113 3 and 4 new build properties in a mixture of traditional and timber frame construction with associated roads, sewers and external works with a contract sum of £13.8m.
Required Skills & Qualifications: -
- A BSc or MSc in Quantity Surveying
- New build residential working experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work well within a team
- Deadline and target focused
- Demonstrable record of delivering high volume housing schemes.
- Supply chain procurement and order placement in line with programme deadlines.
- Commercial management of supply chain on site including valuation and payment notices, managing variations, dispute resolution.
- Input of payment information into accounts system in line with company deadlines to ensure supply chain paid in a timely manner.
- Ensure all cost information is checked and validated, and all accruals are submitted to ensure accurate costs are presented to client for draw down of funding.
- Cost value reconciliation and forecasting final out-turn of scheme to ensure budgets are fully managed and financial risk identified.
- Present CVR information at monthly meeting with Senior Management and Directors and resolve any actions instructed.
- Administration of bonus scheme for direct labour on site.
- Provide support to Company Estimator through cost information, support with tender send outs to assist in budgeting for new schemes.
- Salary - Negotiable based on qualifications and experience.
- Car Allowance
- Healthcare - for individual
- Bonus scheme
- Mobile phone
- Holidays 25 days per year plus statutory bank holidays
- Payment of annual membership fees for professionally qualified staff e.g. MCIOB, FCIOB, RICS
- Professional and Personal Development Training
Apply today for a chance to secure this fantastic opportunity.