Sunderland, Tyne and Wear
£30000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Benefits, Car allowance, Bonus
25 days ago
Opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor to join a leading Construction Developer and Main Contractor working on a new build residential project in the Sunderland area.
My client is looking for candidates who have quantity surveying experience with a main contractor working on new build residential or housing construction projects. This role offers the opportunity to join a leading developer and main contractor with a generous salary and great opportunities for career progression.
The development consists of 26 bungalows 90 3 and 4 new build properties in timber frame construction with associated roads, sewers and external works with a contract sum of £13.3m.
Required Skills & Qualifications: -
* A BSc or MSc in Quantity Surveying
* New build residential working experience
* Excellent communication skills
* Ability to work well within a team
* Deadline and target focused
* Demonstrable record of delivering high volume housing schemes.
* Supply chain procurement and order placement in line with programme deadlines.
* Commercial management of supply chain on site including valuation and payment notices, managing variations, dispute resolution.
* Input of payment information into accounts system in line with company deadlines to ensure supply chain paid in a timely manner.
* Ensure all cost information is checked and validated, and all accruals are submitted to ensure accurate costs are presented to client for draw down of funding.
* Cost value reconciliation and forecasting final out-turn of scheme to ensure budgets are fully managed and financial risk identified.
* Present CVR information at monthly meeting with Senior Management and Directors and resolve any actions instructed.
* Administration of bonus scheme for direct labour on site.
* Provide support to Company Estimator through cost information, support with tender send outs to assist in budgeting for new schemes.
* Salary - Negotiable based on qualifications and experience.
* Car Allowance
* Healthcare - for individual
* Bonus scheme
* Mobile phone
* Holidays 25 days per year plus statutory bank holidays
* Payment of annual membership fees for professionally qualified staff e.g. MCIOB, FCIOB, RICS
* Professional and Personal Development Training