Greater Manchester, England
£40000.00 - £50000.00 per annum
5 months ago
A leading Manchester based Construction Main Contractor and Housebuilder is looking to hire a Quantity Surveyor to join a high value new build housing project in Manchester.
My client offers competitive salary, great benefits and flexible work life balance. Also, the opportunity to work on a flagship project and play a significant part in the project.
- Managing the budget and contractual relationships of the building project
- Negotiate and place orders for labour and material sub-contractors, labour only contractors and material suppliers on a competitive tender basis to ensure the business output is delivered on programme and within budget.
- Work alongside other departments to ensure project viability and improve cost effectiveness.
- Ensure all specifications and programmes are complied with
- Monitor invoicing procedures and resolve any issues
- Monitor and explain all cost movements within the site valuation.
- Have responsibility for processing all Contractor, subcontractor and consultant orders and payments, variation orders and day works.
- Undertake site valuations of production at budgeted cost on a quarterly basis.
- Report on savings and excesses against budget costs
- Carry out full CVR process and prepare and present information for monthly Profit & Loss meetings.
- Forecast final accounts and prepare and present cost to complete reports.
- Calculate all the prime costs on developments within the business, reporting any movements in the costs since the preparation of the land purchase exercise
- Assist in the preparation of Site Budgets
- Detail a labour cost schedule including anticipated target hours.
- Maintain the development budget
- Assist with site adoption works and manage closed site provisions.
- Assist in monthly WIP and cash flow forecasting.
- Will have demonstrable experience working as a Quantity Surveyor or Intermediate Quantity Surveyor for a Main Contractor or Housebuilder working on similar new build projects
- Will hold a relevant degree or experience within the Construction industry
- Possess a good knowledge of Building Regulations
- IT Literate