£300 - £350 per day
2 months ago
We are currently working with one of the UK's leading M&E contractor's that specialise in structured cabling projects across the UK.
At present, they require the services of an M&E Quantity Surveyor to undertake a portfolio of commercial service and MOD contracts across the South West.
As a Quantity Surveyor you will:
- Be responsible for the preparation and submission of applications for payment or invoices on time with appropriate substantiation of CE's / Variations
- Advise and implement the appropriate procedures in line with the contractual obligations throughout the project to mitigate and protect from risk.
- Present risks and T & C's to operational teams.
- Ensure appropriate subcontract documentation is produced and issued in line with company procedures and manage subcontract accounts in accordance with the subcontract through to settlement
- Monitor the production of cash flows and ensure payments are administered in line with the contract ensuring protection to the business
- Liaising with relevant operational management to have a continual understanding as to status of projects with respect to; applications, certifications, payment received, timeliness of delivery, quality of delivery and tender allowances.
- Ensure the standard filling system is in place and available with all relevant information
- Ensuring that the internal reports of the projects are accurate in respect of costs incurred, projection of costs to spend, contingency and liabilities, sales declared and consequently profit declared.
- In accordance with the delegated authorities matrix and consultation, with appropriate operational management, prepare on a progressive basis a settle project account with Client
- Demonstrate a full understanding of M & E systems and installations
- Understand and negotiate contract terms for projects and specific risks that may place upon the company, prior to any agreement of contract / amendments and ensuring these are commercially mitigated during duration of the project.
- Comply with the company's Health and Safety standards ensuring that the safety first and foremost message is visible and alive throughout all activities relating to the activities they complete
Qualified to degree level in Commercial Management or Quantity Surveying.
Strong understanding of M&E design and construction techniques.
Highly IT literate, including intermediate knowledge of Microsoft applications.
For more information on this role, please contact Scarlet Wilson on 01617071516.