Leeds, West Yorkshire
18 days ago
Quantity Surveyor - Contract - Nottingham
My client are a leading Tier 1 Contractor who specialise in New Builds and Major Refurbishment Projects across the Country. They are actively looking for Contract Quantity Surveyors for a Major City Centre Redevelopment project in Nottingham.
Ideal candidates will have 5+ years experience working within a Main Contracting background and have a general knowledge of various sub packages within a Major Refurbishment project which include: Groundworks, Steel Frame, External Cladding, Public walkways, M&E and Fit out. The project itself will lead to having involvement in various packages and a rounded knowledge although not essential will help.
We are looking for a highly organised Quantity Surveyor with a natural attention to detail, to work alongside an Onsite team made up of a Project Director, Commercial Manager, Chief Engineer, Design team, Site Managers and various specialised Sub-Contractors.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Control costs from initial budget costing, through contracts, extra works, and variations to final account.
- Attend pre-start meetings to ensure contract suitability/variations accordingly.
- Manage contract disputes and legal issues.
- Manage project schedule communicating as necessary to all parties to meet project targets.
- Produce monthly reports to analyse cost and performance of all contracts.
.Minimise potential losses and increase the company's financial performance by constant evaluation of projects
- Assist with management of all health and safety on site. Ensure pre-start, contract progress and hand over meetings with clients, site agents and all operatives are productive to achieve desired result.
- Experience in working within a team of Quantity Surveyors and a similar environment within the Construction industry.
- Degree within Quantity Surveying or Commercial Management.
- Excellent and proven analytical skills, clear financial understanding with a serious ability to manage, track and save costs.
- Proven reporting strategies along with Excellent communicating and negotiating skills.
- Proficient IT Skills with various software and Data systems including Excel
If you wish to learn more about the opportunity available and would like to discuss in further detail please contact