£30000 - £35000 per annum
26 days ago
A Quantity Surveyor will:
* * Understand and implement the contractual requirements of project documents including the roles and responsibilities of all involved and the notices to record change etc.
* * Ensure that all duties are carried out in accordance with standard company H&S procedures, work instructions and the Business Management System.
* * In conjunction with the relevant project manager/team member, be accountable for the profitability of the project/s and develop an appropriate commercial strategy for the project/s to ensure delivery of required margins, produce and provide accurate forecasts of project costs to completion and final value.
* * Manage cashflow and commercial risk on allocated projects.
* * Liaise with the client, client representative and other 3rd parties on commercial issues, including agreement of additional monies.
* * Contribute to the management and maintenance of a contract cost reporting system, ensuring all financial information is managed and up to date and tracked with budget/tender allowances, commitments and deviations highlighted as managed.
* * Provide commercial advice and guidance to other members of the team.
* * Assist procurement in the preparation and issue of ITT's, subcontract documentation, enquire, other documentation and negotiations.
* * Ensure that sub-contractors accounts are managed strictly in accordance with their terms and conditions.
* * Have a degree in Quantity Surveying.
* * Have previous experience in quantity surveying within a relevant business environment.
* * Have a sound working knowledge of construction and contract law.