Bellshill, North Lanarkshire
Vital Glasgow Construction
4 months ago
Vital resources have been employed by a reputable and well established Civil Engineering contractor to assist them in appointing an experience Quantity Surveyor for their busy commercial division in Scotland, covering a range of Structures, Highways, and heavy civils.
Our client is looking to appoint an experienced Quantity Surveyor to be based in the Central belt. The successful candidate will be enthusiastic, confident and motivated with good communication skills and able to work independently as well as part of a team. The successful candidate must be willing to work away from home if required.
It is vital that they are able to demonstrate attention to detail and be able to work to deadlines, whilst liaising with site management and client's representatives as appropriate. As quantity surveyor you will report to both the project/contracts manager as well as the regional commercial manager.
The role includes:
- Carry out the estimating, cost control and tracking of the installation works on site.
- Experience in the preparation of compensation events
- Proven ability to negotiate with subcontractors and suppliers
- Track and manage contracts and associated budgets.
- Prepare variations, claims and generating reports.
- Preparing and agreeing final account
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Relevant experience with a main Civil Contractor.
- Experience of pricing and preparing Tenders, budgets and cost plans.
- Estimating experience would be preferable
- Experience in NEC is preferable, ideally in option C contracts
- Experience in general procurement duties
For this our client is willing to offer a competitive salary along with a comprehensive package.
If you would like more information, or to apply, please contact Jamie Nicholson or click the "apply now" link.