7 months ago
Our key client in the Aviation Sector currently has a contract opportunity for a suitably qualified and experienced Quantity Surveyor to be based at their operations in Leicester. This is a 12 month assignment commencing August 2018 and a competitive rate is on offer for the right candidate
Main Purpose of Role:
- To be accountable for the contractual and financial viability of contracts to be delivered by our client and to be the commercial link with customers and sub-contractors.
- To deliver accurate valuation of project works including variations/compensation events together with reporting of costs in connection with the Project Manager and team.
- To advise and communicate the contractual requirements of NEC 3 Contracts to Project team.
- Ensure Terms & Conditions are aligned with our client's policies
- Drafting of contracts and other commercial documents and understanding of the consequences of contract terms for the business.
- Identifying business risks in bids and relevant mitigations, opportunities and ensuring that assessed risk is built into commercial terms.
- Liaison with Finance in raising of bonds and bank guarantees.
- Supporting tendering departments in costing bids and advice on the appropriate mark-ups.
- Supporting the bid managers in the preparation of the Win Plan and the commercial approach and price to win
- Ensure appropriate flow down and management of conditions and risk to supply base.
- Reviewing and authorising bids and contracts in accordance with the Company Delegation of authority.
- Negotiating contract conditions with Client.
- Liaising with Procurement in preparing responses to terms & conditions and preparation of suitable terms & conditions for unsolicited bids.
Commercial Post Contract Management
- Change management of contracts.
- Negotiating contractual disputes.
- Identifying business risks (i.e. risk to profit margin) in contracts and relevant mitigations and opportunities to increase margin.
- Advising Line Manager on compliance with contractual obligations.
- Supply chain commercial management.
- Improving commercial awareness within the project.
- Actively participating in project risk and opportunity reviews.
- Supporting internal Company approvals and ensuring project risk is appropriately disclosed.
- Supporting the procurement department in the preparation of the procurement plan and in ensuring appropriate terms and conditions and risk is flowed down to the supply
- Supporting procurement in the management of supply contracts and sub-contractors.
- Attending or chairing Project meetings as required.
- Assisting the Project Manager in the identifying contract change.
- Advising the Project Manager of both opportunities and risks.
- Participating in project financial reviews in conjunction with the project management team to evaluate cost variances and prepare corrective action plans.
- Supporting the Project Manager on the project controls customer reporting on projects.
- Participating in lessons learned meetings for all completed contracts, ensuring that any issues experienced are noted and improvement actions identified.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree in Quantity Surveying or an Engineering qualification with RICS accredited conversion course
- At least 5 years proven and demonstrably successful commercial experience in Commercial Management of multi-disciplined contracts
- Ability to review client contracts (NEC3 option A, C, E) and ensure compliance to them
- Ability to identify and manage project risks
- Ability to identify and manage project changes
- Ability to create commercial contracts with supply chain
- Ability to work as a key member of a project delivery team
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders and be a good team player
- Full airside pass or the ability to obtain one