£300.00 - £350.00 per day
14 days ago
My client are a leading Maintenance, Facilities management and Build Contractor who specialise in M&E projects across the Country.
We are looking for a highly organised Quantity Surveyor with a natural attention to detail, to work alongside a team of Quantity Surveyors in HQ at Aztec West, Bristol.
The ideal candidate will have 5+ years experience working within a M&E environment and have a good rounded knowledge of construction.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Control costs from initial budget costing, through contracts, extra works, and variations to final account.
- Attend pre-start meetings to ensure contract suitability/variations accordingly.
- Manage contract disputes and legal issues.
- Manage project schedule communicating as necessary to all parties to meet project targets.
- Produce monthly reports to analyse cost and performance of all contracts.
- Minimise potential losses and increase the companys financial performance by constant evaluation of projects
- Assist with management of all health and safety on site.
- Ensure pre-start, contract progress and hand over meetings with clients, site agents and all operatives are productive to achieve desired result.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience in working within a team of Quantity Surveyors and a similar environment within the Construction industry.
- Degree within Quantity Surveying or Commercial Management.
- Excellent and proven analytical skills, clear financial understanding with a serious ability to manage, track and save costs.
- Proven reporting strategies along with Excellent communicating and negotiating skills.
- Proficient IT Skills with various software and Data systems including Excel
If you wish to learn more about the opportunity available and would like to discuss in further detail please contact Scarlet Wilson on 01617071516.