£0.00 - £50.00 per hour
7 months ago
Morson International is looking for Quantity Surveyor for BAE Systems in Barrow In Furness.
Lead the developing & maintenance procedures, systems & processes and contribute to the setting of strategies, ownership of procurement planning, procurement methodologies & management of personal objectives. Oversee and lead Subcontracting / Outsourcing activities for key assigned areas to ensure continuity of supply at the optimum cost
* Managing contractual opportunity & risk to ensure delivery of common business & functional objectives.
* Ongoing cost analysis and robust project / contract management during all phases.
* Identifying, analysing and developing responses to commercial risks and ownership of the final account process.
* Interpret and understand legislation relative to the purchased product / service.
* Where applicable, lead and/or influence complex multi-party or multi-national contracting arrangements and assimilate implications to the business.
* Creation of site measure and re-measure methodologies and supervision of on-site activities. Allocating work to subcontractors and valuing completed work and arranging payments.
* Carryout coherence reviews of ITT and Contract Documentation including scope & demarcation documents.
* Where applicable undertake appropriate duties within the Control Account Management structure.
* Contribute as appropriate to bid activities.
* Construction of cost benefit models and analyse and drive cost reduction.
* Understand the strategy being formulated and provide support in collating data to assist in identifying risks and opportunities at Phase reviews.
* Produce and manage a procurement plan to capture the stakeholder requirements.
* Lead supplier negotiations, including commercial aspects, to ensure the best outcome for Submarines. Adapt the approach to ensure that negotiations are concluded for an optimised business outcome.
* Report cost savings/ cost avoidance.
* Support the develop of the procurement strategy and plans for key assigned areas and lead implementation of plans.
* Develop, maintain, implement, oversee and monitor supplier selection criteria and processes, to ensure the effective selection of suppliers, including commercial aspects.
* Develop, maintain, implement and monitor supplier management and improvement processes and ensuring the ongoing and consistent assessment of vendor performance against Submarines needs and specifications, whilst reducing the overall cost of acquisition.
* Develop the sub-contractors through a process of relationship development, communication, continuous improvement and the use of performance metrics.
* Ensuring that life cycle costing principles are fully considered during decision making process pre ITT including input into the Make Vs Buy process and contractor down-selection.
* Develop contract placement studies and drive continuous improvement in the cost study process. Develop measurement methodologies that support the delivery of customer management requirements and support incentivised contracting methodologies.