Vital Glasgow Construction
20 days ago
Vital Human Resources are looking to appoint an experienced Quantity Surveyor to be based in Cumbria. The successful candidates will be enthusiastic, confident and motivated with good communication skills and able to work independently as well as part of a team. The successful candidates must be willing to work away from home if required.
It is vital that they are able to demonstrate attention to detail and be able to work to deadlines, whilst liaising with site management and client's representatives as appropriate. As a quantity surveyor you will report to both the project/contracts manager as well as the regional commercial manager.
The role includes:
- Carry out the estimating, cost control and tracking of the installation works on site.
- Experience in the preparation of compensation events
- Proven ability to negotiate with subcontractors and suppliers
- Track and manage contracts and associated budgets.
- Prepare variations, claims and generating reports.
- Preparing and agreeing final accounts
Essential Experience / Skills:
- Relevant experience with a main Civil Contractor.
- Experience of pricing and preparing Tenders, budgets and cost plans.
- Experience of Sage systems
- Proficiency in Microsoft Project/Primavera would be an advantage.
- Estimating experience would be preferable
- Experience in NEC contracts
- Experience in general procurement duties
- Third level qualification in Construction/Engineering / Economics (or similar).
Please Contact Jamie Nicholson or click "Apply now"