Rail Technical Team
2 months ago
Job Title: Quantity Surveyor
Job Type: Contract
Location: Allerton, Liverpool
Duration: ASAP - 29.11.18
Rate: Negotiable dependent upon experience
A leading client in the Rail Industry is recruiting for a QS to work on a contract basis, based at their offices in Allerton.
1. Evaluate and measure the works within the contracted scope; undertake periodic valuations of works in progress as required. Prepare certificates for payment as required.
2. Negotiate and agree payments.
3. Establish whether instructions are variations to contract and negotiate value.
4. Assist in preparation of estimates for works. Input cost/quantity information into estimating systems and produce reports.
5. Manage contractor's day-to-day commercial issues.
6. Prepare project budget and detailed estimates. Cost plan as necessary during development to meet financial targets.
7. Prepare final accounts, including validation of contractor submissions by measurement and quantification.
8. Assist in preparation of tender, pricing and contract documentation. Carry out cost analysis of tenders.
9. Input data related to contracts into the company's project management reporting system.
* Educated to degree level or equivalent
* Training for MRICS qualification
* Strong negotiation skills