£25000 - £35000 per annum
16 days ago
We're looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Assistant Quantity Surveyor looking for the next move in their career to join our established team and work across our exciting client list.
As a Quantity Surveyor, you will:
* Embrace all company systems and processes, including our market leading in-house work management software, F0CUS.
* Understand and implement the contractual requirements of project documents including the roles and responsibilities of all involved and the notices to required.
* Proactively manage project change through the relevant contractual mechanisms.
* Ensure that all duties are carried out in accordance with standard company health & Safety procedures, work instructions and the Contract Management System.
* Produce and provide accurate forecasts of project costs to completion and final value.
* Manage commercial risk and cashflow on allocated projects.
* Ensure all financial information is managed and current.
* Track budget and tender allowances, commitments and deviations highlighted with appropriate commentary and mitigation.
* Ensure that sub-contractors and supply chain accounts are managed strictly in accordance with their terms and conditions.
In addition, the ideal candidate will:
* Have a degree in Quantity Surveying.
* Working towards membership of a relevant professional body, such as RICS.
* Have excellent numeracy and literacy skills, as well as having advanced Microsoft office skills.
* Have substantial previous experience in quantity surveying within a relevant business environment.
* Have the ability to operate successfully in a commercial environment and have previous experience of managing project commercial performance.
* Have sound working knowledge of construction and contract law.
* Be a good decision maker who copes well under pressure.
* Have excellent presentation skills.
* Be able to communicate effectively upstream and downstream.
Please contact Scarlet Wilson on 01617071516 for more information or forward your CV