Vital Glasgow Construction
21 days ago
Vital Resources have been tasked by a national civil engineering contractor assist them in appointing a new Quantity Surveyor for their busy utilities and distribution division.
Within this role you would be expected to:
- Support the existing commercial team to deliver all live project deliverables, sharing the workload where the team are struggling to meet deadlines and maintain the high standards of work expected.
- Oversee the production of monthly valuations, help manage change procedures, maintain regular and positive client liaison and feed all key commercial issues/ notes into the weekly Ops update sent to clients.
- Input into the production of all monthly CVRs/ weekly cash flows, assess, compile for reporting to senior management.
- Upon receipt of monthly accounts, contribute to Board reports and Quarterly budgets.
- Review contracts whether as part of a tender or prior to entering into contract.
- Brief Project Manager and delivery team of the key contract clauses and provide contractual advice to the team throughout where required, particularly with regards to the change procedure. Ensure that the client issues and maintains a document control register/ create one where unavailable, track and monitor all new document issued.
- Manage the commercial running of framework agreements in line with NEC contracts.
To be considered for this position successful candidates will be able to demonstrate:
- Degree Level qualification or equivalent preferable.
- All aspects of Quantity Surveying role from tendering, pre and post contract administration to final accounting.
- A good level of understanding of cost management systems and standard Microsoft packages especially excel.
- Knowledge and use of standard conditions of contract not limited to but including JCT & NEC.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels both verbally and in writing both client and internally, in additional negotiation skills are essential.
- Full UK Licence as travel to other offices and site will be required.
- Solid understanding of Civil Engineering, Concrete Frames or Utilities
If you would like more information, or to apply, please contact Jamie Nicholson or click the "apply now" link.