Middlesbrough, North Yorkshire
£40000 - £45000 per annum
Vital Bristol Technology
about 1 year ago
Our client provides the whole life cycle of Electrical Instrumentation and Telecommunications services to projects at all stages of development. They are currently looking for a Quantity Surveyor to be based on a site in Teesside.
You will be required to prepare and furnish up to date Cost Reports, Revised bill of Quantities to the Client - Subcontract - Administrator, issue monthly valuations, report all variations on a regular basis throughout the contract and interface with the Client directly when and as required. Report directly to the Commercial Manager on all estimating and surveying functions which you are responsible for.
- Carry out monthly measure on site and prepare in term evaluation to include all values relating to labour materials management, plant and equipment and escalation.
- Monitor progress on site ensure that where applicable claims for recovery of loss and expense are submitted timeously and agreed with client, liaising with Project Manager and referring to the appropriate conditions of contract.
- In conjunction with the Commercial Manager, prepare CCS's for the projects and update as required.
- Ensure maximum profitability on projects under his / her control by pro-actively approaching your duties and exercising commercial acumen.
- Prepare cash flows and update as necessary - analyse timing of sales and costs.
- Ensure good working relationships with clients portraying yourself as professional and company as a respectable organisation, by ensuring that client correspondence / documentation is prepared in a professional manner - close links established with key client personnel.
- Compile monthly reports as directed by the Commercial Manager / Operations Manager.
- To ensure participation in handover of construction meetings for any and all projects concerned.
- High light to the Commercial Manager / Projects Director areas in which target cost and sales are not being achieved by means of a monthly report.
- Comply with company procedures in relation to commercial matters.
- Assist in the development of the company by developing contacts within the industry
- Monitor activities of the Junior Quantity Surveyor by checking work completed and quality.
- Any other adhoc duties as assigned from time to time.
Education Skills & Experience:
- Degree in Quantity Surveying and/or electrical engineering. Trade back-round is also an advantage.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in quantity survey functions within the construction/industrtial sector
- Technical and practical knowledge of all phases of contract development, award, administration and close-out relating to a multi-discipline construction project.
- Knowledgeable of current industry and technical developments.
- Strong working knowledge of administering FIDIC or ICE and other similar contract formulation standards.
- Proven track record with recognized international standard contracting companies.
- Good communication skills and strong English capability.
- Capability to accept responsibilities and accomplish project objectives in a timely manner.
- Computer literate especially with Microsoft Word and Excel.
If you do not hear from us within seven days, then your application has not been successful on this occasion. We may however keep your details on file for any suitable future vacancies and contact you accordingly.