Dublin, Republic of Ireland
Vital Glasgow Construction
3 months ago
Vital Resources, have been employed by a leading Engineering and Construction contractor to assist them in appointing a new Quantity Surveyor to their busy office in the Republic of Ireland.
As an integral part of the commercial team you will be expected to perform the following:
- Budgeting, reporting, and developing BOQ's, profit plans.
- Undertake and manage interim commercial meetings with the Client and Internal Project Team.
- Manage subcontractor accounts, interim valuations and final accounts.
- Ensure payment certificates are processed and payments are made per the agreed sub-contract and procurement terms.
- Administer the contract obligations and meet additional Client requirements.
- Identify potential commercial risks and ensure prompt reporting of same to Senior Management.
- Have a practical understanding of scheduling and the associated commercial implications.
- Costing and agreeing daily work changes to include managing the subcontractor remeasurement of contract works, site dayworks and site change orders.
- Maintain accurate records and provide necessary detailed backup to support commercial tracking and costing.
- Negotiate, as necessary, with clients or their representatives.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Quantity surveying experience essential on Electrical Projects.
- Degree educated
- Knowledge of contract conditions and their applications
- Overall understanding of the business, client and Sub Contractor relations, and installations
- Excellent Communication/Interpersonal Skills
- Excellent Record Keeping and Administration Skills
- Process driven and focused on EHS and Quality Work Management Systems and Processes
For this our client is willing to offer a competitive salary along with a progressive career and the chance to work for a market leader.
If you would like more information or to apply, please contact Jamie Nicholson or click the "apply now" link.