Middlesbrough, North Yorkshire
£40000 - £50000 per annum
4 months ago
A leading supplier to the power generation industry is seeking to recruit a Quantity Surveyor working on a long contract or permanent basis in Teeside .
The Quantity Surveyors day to day duties will include:
- Support the project commercial functions
- Monitor and assess subcontractor costs in conjunction with the management team.
- Preparation and analysis of tenders and subcontract tender submissions.
- Assisting in the preparation of forecasts and targets.
- Prepare monthly project accounts for submission to client.
- Prepare variations with adequate records & details, agree as works progress.
- Liaise with site management team
- Involvement with & take some responsibility for sub-contracts and claims & disputes
- Be actively involved in Cost Value Reconciliations
- Review and consider risks and opportunities
- Develop an understanding of Insurances/warranties
- Be aware of & be actively involved to ensure good cash management.
- Any other functions deemed relevant.
What you will need:
- Quantity Surveyor Degree qualification
- Minimum 5 years mechanical installation experience
- Clear ability to use various packages such as Microsoft project, excel, word, etc.
- Proven track record on mechanical and structural steel construction sites.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Able to work on own initiative
What's in it for you:
- Competitive hourly rate and salary .
- Opportunity to work for a client is wholly owned subsidiary of a FTSE100 company.