£25000 - £40000 per annum + Car allowance
11 months ago
We're looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Quantity Surveyor to join our established team and work across our exciting client list.
As a Quantity Surveyor, you will:
* Embrace all company systems and processes, including our market leading in-house work management software, F0CUS.
* Understand and implement the contractual requirements of project documents including the roles and responsibilities of all involved and the notices to required.
* Proactively manage project change through the relevant contractual mechanisms.
* Ensure that all duties are carried out in accordance with standard company health & Safety procedures, work instructions and the Contract Management System.
* Produce and provide accurate forecasts of project costs to completion and final value.
* Manage commercial risk and cashflow on allocated projects.
* Ensure all financial information is managed and current.
* Track budget and tender allowances, commitments and deviations highlighted with appropriate commentary and mitigation.
* Ensure that sub-contractors and supply chain accounts are managed strictly in accordance with their terms and conditions.
In addition, the ideal candidate will:
* Have a degree in Quantity Surveying.
* Working towards membership of a relevant professional body, such as RICS.
* Have excellent numeracy and literacy skills, as well as having advanced Microsoft office skills.
* Have substantial previous experience in quantity surveying within a relevant business environment.
* Have the ability to operate successfully in a commercial environment and have previous experience of managing project commercial performance.
* Have sound working knowledge of construction and contract law.
* Be a good decision maker who copes well under pressure.
* Have excellent presentation skills.
* Be able to communicate effectively upstream and downstream.