£40000 - £60000 per annum
Vital Glasgow Construction
6 months ago
A well established and busy civil engineering contractor in the central belt of Scotland are looking to appoint a new Quantity Surveyor, on the back of several high profile project wins.
Our client is looking for someone who is commercially minded, and will be currently operating as a Quantity Surveyor, preferably with a Civil Engineering Contractor; be able to demonstrate a proven track record, together with an ability to communicate effectively with clients, sub-contractors and colleagues at all levels.
The main duties of this role will be:
- The management of sub-contractors including selection and allocation of work, negotiations, preparation of sub-contractor orders, cost control, preparation of valuations and final accounts;
- Change management during construction including the production and settlement of variations, compensation events and claims - with both clients and sub-contractors;
- Performing the advisory and administrative functions in regard to the all the above including supporting and recommending appropriate strategies to other members of the construction team;
To be considered for this role you will be able to demonstrate:
- Degree (preferable)
- Full UK driving license.
- Strong experience of the civil engineering industry
- Experience of NEC or ICE contracts
If you would like more information, or to apply please click the "apply now" link.