St. Albans, Hertfordshire
Vital Bristol Technology
11 days ago
Our client handles projects from design, planning and consultancy, right the way through to delivery and maintenance, safeguards clients from any uncertainties and complications.
They are currently looking for a Quantity Surveyor to track project finances and contractual relationships. You will be required to:
- Ensure that the financial position of construction projects is accurately reported and controlled effectively at all times
- Be fully responsible for all financial and commercial aspects of each project that they are assigned to. Duties including, but not limited to;
- Ensuring contractual compliance at all times - Liaising with the Project Manager to administer contractual procedures to both clients and suppliers.
- Agreement of and management of sub-contracts - Liaise with project manager, the procurement and estimating teams to produce detailed and accurate contracts that reflect bid and company policies
- Ensure compliance with contractual procedures and agreed scope of works, issuing all applicable contractual notifications for any changes to the agreed contract ie Early warning notice, delay notice, compensation events, extension of time requests etc
- Take full responsibility but work with the Project Managers, Purchasing and Finance teams to produce detailed, accurate and timely monthly commercial reporting including cashflow forecasts, for issue to the Board.
- Undertake valuations of all works done and issue accurate and fully substantiated applications for payment to client QS/PM
- Procure and manage subcontractor work, ensuring that complete financial control is maintained at all times. Agree valuations and process payments accurately to ensure there is no commercial risk.
- Attendance on each project site, at least twice weekly, to review works undertaken walk round valuations and attend any commercial or contractual meetings
- Programme management - Work with the Project Manager and the planning team to understand any changes in the programme by the client.
- Risk Management - Work with the Project Manager to produce and maintain risk and opportunity registers.
- Stakeholder engagement - Ensure excellent communication in order to build rapport with the client and clients QS/PM to deliver a commercially viable project to the required quality.
- Strategic delivery - working with the wider business unit to further imbed company strategies
- BSC Hons in Quantity Surveying, plus 5 years' post qualification experience in a QS role responsible for multiple projects concurrently
- High level of commercial rigour able to digest complex contracts and work with the site teams and clients to manage the commercial elements of the contract and deal with any changes.
- High level of professional expertise#
- Come from an Electrical background
- Strong on all communication skills to all levels both written and verbal.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Strong computer literacy, especially Excel proficiency
- Strong commercial and contractual knowledge/understanding including contract law, profit and loss, adjudication, variations and extensions of time.
Please note that is offered on with a permanent or contract position
If you do not hear from us within seven days, then your application has not been successful on this occasion. We may however keep your details on file for any suitable future vacancies and contact you accordingly.