Up to £400 per day
Vital Bristol Technology
11 months ago
6 months +
Our client are one of the world's leading project development and construction groups and they are looking for a Quantity Surveyor to be based Exeter.
- Provide commercial support for a project, working closely with the operational teams.
- Provide guidance at various phases of a project where possible.
Health, Safety & Environment
- Be familiar with, and demonstrate commitment to the requirements of the Health & Safety and Environmental Policies
- Implement the relevant requirements of the Company Safety Management System in relation to Sub Contractors
- Comply with the relevant requirements of the Environmental Procedure in relation to Sub Contractors
Principal Duties & Accountabilities
- Cost and Value management
- Assist with preparation, maintenance and agreement of Project accounts
- Assist with providing commercial and financial reporting information
- Ensure compliance with standards and procedures in respect of Commercial activities
- Subcontract procurement and management
- Assist with claims management
- Assist with control of project documentation
- Recording and assisting with management of change
- Adherence to policies and procedures
- Ad hoc duties as job requires
Job Facts & Figures
- Project size varies from £5m to £300m and could be solely or a JV
- Assisting with training of Graduates, Assistants and Trainees
Key Performance Requirements
- Assisting with optimisation of commercial return on a section or whole project.
- Assisting with control of cost, value, cash management, change and risk on a section or whole project.
- Assisting with timely detailed reporting to Managing Quantity Surveyor / Commercial Manager.
- Assisting with development of all staff within job holder's area of responsibility.
- Assisting with timely procurement of subcontractors in accordance with company procedures.
- Contribution towards continued improvement within the business.
- Obtaining corporate membership of the RICS and/or ICES
Key Working Relationships
Some responsibility for: Commercial staff (under guidance)
- Project and technical staff
- Clients and clients representatives
- 3rd parties associated with the project
- Designers and Consultants (limited)
- Will set goals for self in familiar territory.
- Rational and systematic analysis of situation to enable decisions on more varied issues. Questioning the evidence to evaluate issues.
- Cohesive and encouraging approach to team working. Developing inter-team collaboration inside and outside company.
- The ability to take control of most everyday situations and to assume responsibility - organizing and guiding where necessary. Aware of personal strengths and development needs.
- Able to call upon and manage diverse skills and methods in order to deliver results
- Connects own/team actions with commercial benefit.
- Managing Resources (Including Self-Management)
- Warm and persuasive in communicating. Able to adapt methods and style of communication. Others relate to them with ease.
- Can work well within tested framework of development to identify own and other's needs. Uses personal experience to build skills in people. Seen as "hands-on" and experienced.
- Can produce, monitor and work to section forecast and budget
- Can manage valuation of the works and variations to generate value for the company
- Understands scope and contract and develops impact to protect position
- Monitors progress against programme and generates improvements. Understands link to risk and value.
- Actively manages risks and opportunities, records and monitors. Allocates risks/opportunities to specific individuals and monitors performance
- Degree or equivalent level qualification in Quantity Surveying or related construction subject
- Relevant commercial experience preferably with a contracting organisation
- Relevant CSCS Card
Start date: 26-11-18
Duration: 6 months to 1 year.
Pay rate: £400 LTD daily
If you do not hear from us within seven days, then your application has not been successful on this occasion. We may however keep your details on file for any suitable future vacancies and contact you accordingly