£40000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits
Vital Glasgow Construction
10 days ago
Vital resources are currently working with a multidisciplined and growing contractor in the central belt, to assist them in appointing a new Quantity surveyor to further strengthen their commercial team.
This is an integral part of the commercial team supporting Commercial Managers and Senior Quantity Surveyors in the daily commercial management of multiple and various contracts. The works are fast paced and high in volume and requires an experienced commercial candidate with the ability to handle works in this type of fast pace environment.
Day to day responsibilities would include:
- Working with the commercial team and supporting Senior Quantity Surveyors and Commercial Managers in the commercial management of multiple sites on time and to budget.
- Pricing and ensuring estimates are submitted accurately and on time,
- Resolving pricing issues with clients
- Client Liaison
- Liaison with Site Managers to collate information on day to day remits,
- Subcontractor management
- Change management and early warnings
- Contract administration (NEC/NR forms of contract)
- Final accounting.
The successful applicant for this role will be able to demonstrate:
- Previous experience as a Quantity Surveyor in a civil engineering environment.
- Relevant qualification in Quantity Surveying/Commercial Management - HNC/HND/Degree
- Contractual experience with NEC or bespoke NR forms of contract
- Experience in rail would be beneficial but is by no means essential for the role.
For this our client is willing to offer a competitive salary along with a comprehensive package.
If you would like more information or to apply for this role please contact Jamie Nicholson using the noted details, alternatively click the "apply now" link.