Central Belt, Scotland
16 days ago
The position of Quantity Surveyor is based within the SP Transmission (SPT) business unit, reporting to the Project Unit Manager. The Quantity Surveyor will deliver commercial support, expertise and knowledge from contract award stage through to final account for a portfolio of transmission network engineering and construction projects, including preparation of accurate measurements and values which ensure risk is limited whilst achieving the required standard and quality.
Assessing monthly contractor measures by interfacing with various team members and agree a financial sum for works completed, the Quantity Surveyor will be required to lead commercial meetings with contractors to agree costs and mitigate the impact of changes to the contract sum.
Recording all contractual and commercial information associated with the project(s) within project files and commercial databases or other systems applicable, the Quantity Surveyor will also monitor and implement all contractual obligations with respect to notifications, payments and responses.
Additional responsibilities of the Quantity Surveyor will include:
* Assessing variations and claims including interfacing with various departments (Legal, Engineering, Environmental, Project Management) to understand cause and SP Transmission liability
* Making commercial recommendations (including risks) to the business to assist with the decision-making process with respect to variations and claims
* Preparing and recommending to the Project Manager a value for the contractor final account
* Complying with SP Energy Networks Integrated management system, required for the professional and efficient delivery of the investment programme, including externally accredited systems for Health and Safety, Environmental and Quality management
* Assessing how the QS functions operationally and proactively submit proposals for improvement
* Acting as mentor for graduate QS's and guide them in the requirements of the role
Skills & Requirements
* Degree in Quantity Surveying or equivalent
* Significant QS Experience, including within the engineering & construction sector.
* Experience working on FIDIC & NEC
* User of CESMM3 and any other standard method of measurement.
* Microsoft Office user
* CCNGS or similar Safety Passport accredited scheme
* Awareness of construction legislation
To be successful in a role you will need to demonstrate as a minimum:
* Degree in Quantity Surveying
* Significant experience of Quantity Surveying in a construction environment