City Of Manchester, Greater Manchester
£400 - £450 per day
Rail Technical Team
11 days ago
Recruiting for a Quantity Surveyor to work for a manufacturer of home and business setting products. Role will be based in Didsbury, Manchester working on a contract basis.
Daily tasks identified below, but not limited to:
1. Forecasted Cost Planning
3. Contracts negotiation
4. Procurement advice
5. Preparing Bill of Quantities (BOQ)
6. Monitoring Budget
7. Preparation of Payment Invoice and certification (AfP)
8. Assessment and tracking of variations
9. Acquiring approval to proceed on variations
10. Dispute resolution
11. Claims Tracking and negotiation
12. Preparing feasibility studies
13. Cost control
14. Value engineering
15. Advice on cost limits and budgets
16. Whole life cycle costing
17. Valuation for insurance purposes
18. Project management
19. Advice on contractual disputes
20. Preparation of final account
21. Validating hours claimed for by suppliers
22. Tracking Construction Manager Instructions (CMI's)
23. Preparation of records and documents for Curt should it be required
* Accreditation of Professional Body: Must be a "Chartered Quantity Surveyor" in the UK.
* Must have minimum 5 years' experience in large/mega MEP/Construction projects.
* Ideally will have experience working with Controls solutions providers
* Ideally would live within 1 to 1 ½ hrs from the project
Reporting to the Project Director, the QS will be required to form part of the Senior Management team on site. The QS will be expected to take part in all client commercial discussions and negotiations. The QS must keep accurate records, both commercial and meeting minutes.