Up to £0.00 per annum
23 days ago
Our client a leading Energy company are seeking a Quantity Surveyor for a contract position based in Merseyside.
Job Purpose Statement
Deliver commercial support, expertise and knowledge from contract award stage through to final account for a portfolio of projects including works within substations, overhead lines, cable projects and wind farm connections. Preparing accurate measurements and values ensuring risk is limited whilst achieving the required standard and quality.
* Assess monthly contractor measures by interfacing with various team members and agree a financial sum for works completed in line with appropriate contract
* Lead commercial meetings with contractors to agree costs and mitigate the impact of risk and changes to the contract sum
* Record all contractual and commercial information associated with the project(s) within project files and commercial databases or other applicable systems
* Monitor, administer and implement all contractual obligations with respect to notifications, payments and responses
* Assess variations and claims including interfacing with various departments (legal, Engineering, Environmental, project Management) to understand cause & liability
* Make commercial recommendations (including risks) to the business to assist with the decision making process with respect to variations and claims
* Prepare & recommend to the Project Manager a value for the contractor final account
* Compliance with Integrated management system, required for the professional and efficient delivery of the investment programme, including externally accredited systems for Health and Safety, Environmental and Quality management
* Assess how the QS functions operationally and proactively submit proposals for improvement
* Requirement to support and assist within internal documentation and process to ensure adequate funding available in line with project budget and governance
* Assistance within project tendering and building up bills of quantity aligning to works information packages
Skills, knowledge and experience
* Degree in quantity surveying or equivalent
* Significant QS Experience, including within the engineering & construction sector.
* Experience working on FIDIC & NEC
* User of CESMM3 and any other standard method of measurement.
* Microsoft Office user
* CCNGS or similar Safety Passport accredited scheme
* Awareness of current construction legislation
Collaborate with the following to gather task information to manage contract costs, mitigate impact of claims and variations
* Functional Lead QS
* Project Managers
* Design teams across the delivery units
* Construction department
* Collaborate with Contractors & Suppliers to influence financial outcomes in relation to contractual matters
* Degree in quantity surveying
* Significant experience of QS in a construction role
* NEC experience and contract administration
Manage and plan your own time to fit in with the requirements of the projects you are involved with.