Rate on application
4 months ago
Morson International are currently looking to recruit a Quantity Surveyor to work for one of our clients in London. This is a contract position for 4 months+.
Our client is a leading system integrator and a direct channel to market for solutions and services based on the industry leading building automation products and software. They address customer's needs for integrated solutions across Building Energy Management Systems (BEMS), Fire and Security. Working closely with partners they serve the needs of customers for whom the building is critical to business as in Airports, Hospitals, Industrial Plants, Educational Institutes, Data Centres, Stadiums and High End Commercial Buildings. Our customers want to work directly with the original equipment manufacturer due to the complexity and risk profile of their projects.
* Responsible along with project manager/project director for financial performance on assigned projects and address commercial requirements of the contract.
* Manage flow of information to ensure compliance with program and contract commitments.
* Prepare all contractual correspondence like applications, early warning notices, delay notices, notices for compensation events, variations etc.
* Liaise with client commercial teams to discuss and agree progress, applications, variations, claims, and final accounts as applicable.
* Achieve close control of all costs, including monthly cashflow projections, optimise project's working capital performance costs and organise timely collection of cash.
* Conduct project reviews with project manager and highlight risks and opportunities to enable early mitigation.
* Manage sub-contractor costs and payment certification, working with purchasing to optimise supplier performance and sub-contractor costs.
* Assist in the resolution of disputes as and when required.
* Prepare supporting documentation for pursuing new projects including preparation of project cost budgets.
* Stay abreast of professional developments in the field of quantity surveying.
FOR THIS POSITION CANDIDATES ARE REQUIRED TO HAVE:
* Recent experience in Quantity Surveying.
* Experience of construction within the MEP discipline.