St Asaph, Denbighshire
£45000 - £55000 per annum + car or allowance
9 days ago
Candidates need to have experience of Managing their own development and be confident in working autonomously. Experience of high rise residential developments is advantageous.
The position is based in St. Asaph, and will include travel to site as and when required (Reading & Sutton, London) I expect the travel will be once / twice per week. Candidates need to be able to stay overnight if required
Main Responsibilities: The following tasks are not in priority order
1. Measure every material/quantities required for site by analysing drawings.
2. Liaise with subcontractors for quotations.
3. Compare prices from different costs.
4. Chase subcontractors for prices.
5. Prepare Subcontract orders for approval by Senior QS.
6. Prepare subcontract payments with current contracts and final accounts/ check retention value.
7. Pass quotation costs to Senior Quantity Surveyor for authorisation, approval or feedback.
8. Adhere to budgets and source quotations which provide best value and best quality.
9. Pass procurement information to relevant Quantity Surveyor for approval.
10. Input cost data for subcontractors.
11. Monitor and review quotations and costs and where necessary negotiate with subcontractors to secure best value and best quality.
12. Liaise with subcontractors on site work issues.
13. Visit site to observe progress of works including recording any subcontract issues.
14. Attend progress meetings.
15. To consult with Quantity Surveyor for continuous mentoring support including discussing good practice and work related issues on a daily basis.
16. Progress own minor contracts from commencement through to completion including undertaking all roles as done by a Quantity Surveyor requesting assistance where required.
17. Providing monthly budgets recently for own contracts.
18. Develop writing correspondence to subcontractors on site issues including ensuring specific outcomes in discussion with Quantity Surveyor.
19. Develop knowledge of filing system for subcontractors correspondence for site.
20. Control the drawings issued from the office rack and ensures other Assistant Quantity Surveyors/ Trainee Quantity Surveyors comply with their duties for placing and sorting of the drawings as required.
Knowledge, skills and experience required:
NVQ Level 3, A Level's, HNC, Degree or equivalent qualifications or equivalent experience
Good knowledge including Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint
Excellent communication skills both verbally and written
Strong attention to detail
Good time management skills
Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines