Up to £0.00 per annum
4 months ago
- Purpose of the Job
To conduct verification assessments by surveillance across the Central Section to provide an overview of the effectiveness of self-certification by Contractors.
- Principal Accountabilities
- Conduct surveillance across the Central Section on MEP Services being installed by Tier 1 Contractors and their supply chain.
- Overview and provide verification evidence for the implementation of specified requirements for the effectivenessofContractors' self certification.
- Conduct surveillance, by sample, inspecting and reporting on the following: Compliance of works (on-going and constructed) with Contractor and Chief Engineers Group (CEG) materials and workmanship specifications, and baseline requirements including codes, standards and approved drawings.
- Availability and approval status of documents used onsite for design and construction.
- Suitability and acceptance status of materials used to construct the works.
- Clarity of acceptance criteria in Inspection and Test Plans (ITP).
- Generation of records to support Contractors' self certification of the works.
- Design compliance with respect to the design process, outputs and programme.
- Compliance of Contractor proposals (detailed technical specifications, drawings, calculations etc.) against the design and performance criteria and technical requirements as stated in the Works Information.
- In co-ordination with the Verification Manager, collaborate with our client's Delivery Teams and CEG Heads of Discipline to identify surveillance activities to be completed on a risk based approach.
- Discuss findings with our client's and Contractor site teams ensuring alignment with all parties. Report significant findings to the Verification Manager, Head of Quality and CEG where applicable.
- Produce accurate and detailed reports on all completed surveillances for Verification Managers acceptance.
- Work as part of a high calibre and supportive Verification Team under the direction of the Verification Manager. Assist other functions within the Quality Team providing support and knowledge when able to do so.
- Attend selected Quality Focus Meetings as appropriate to discuss major issues arising from surveillance.
- Take reasonable care of your own and others' health and safety and of those who may be affected in the day-to-day delivery of this role by taking personal responsibility for working to the our client's Target Zero principles.
- Co-operate with our client's in all matters relating to health and safety, including following safe working procedures at all times.
- Act as a role model for our client's's vision and values, behaving in ways that are in alignment with our client's's Ways of Working. Encourage and support others to do so too.
- Promote equality in the workplace and adopt appropriate behaviour when interacting with colleagues.
- Take necessary care to properly protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of corporate information from unauthorised disclosure, modification or destruction. Never knowingly put our client's's information or information systems at risk.
- Main challenges of the job
- Obtaining support for programme from Delivery Teams, Heads of Discipline and Contractors' Quality Managers.
- Completion of effective surveillance on multidisciplined activities for MEP works. Maintaining impetus and ensuring all aspects are covered by the programme.
- Implementation and completion of the verification process in a detailed and diligent manner.
4. Person Specification
- Degree (or equivalent) qualified in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering (or similar)/ Alternatively Strong relevant experience.
- A high level of organisation and the ability to multi task is essential as you will have the responsibility for planning and completing one or more surveillance assessments simultaneously.
- Good experience of Mechanical and Electrical components for buildings.
- Knowledge of Testing and Commissioning processes and documentation.
- Technical competence in railway infrastructure including station systems and high-quality build methods.
- Computer literacy including Adobe Acrobat and Microsoft Office Suite with skills in Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Technical experience in station fit out with MEP services desirable
- Audit Training desirable