Cheshire, N. W. England, England
6 months ago
Job Title: Quality Technologist - Supplier QA (Food/FMCG)
Salary: Competitive Salary + Strong Bonus
This very successful and diverse organisation are investing heavily in their manufacturing sites across the UK as they are keen to maintain both their high performance and key market position. With a controlling percentage of the UK market and a solid customer base they can offer stability and a strong career path.
Main Purpose of Role
- To bring about continual quality improvement through implementation of the quality system (investigation of SNCRs, NCRs, internal audits, etc.) using detailed data analysis.
- To manage the sites supplier base ensuring that all suppliers conform to BRC and business standards
- Prepare Supplier performance reports and assist in the development of a quality culture throughout the site
- Administer supplier approval process, conduct supplier reviews, audits and report performance.
- Review NCRs, SNCRs and audit findings to identify root cause and preventive actions.
- Carry out internal audits, and together with the Quality Assurance Manager, guide and host external auditors.
- Collaborate with the CI team to improve line performance reference handling dry goods.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships within the business, ensuring communications are effective at all times.
- Comply with all Food Safety Legislation communicated through the Hygiene Policy, the Quality System and Briefings.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Experience working in a food industry environment, with some experience and awareness of packaging technologies.
- Internal auditor BSI ISO9001 an advantage.
- Knowledge of all specifications for dry goods and manufacturing processes.
- Food Safety and Quality Systems / BRC/ISF/ISO/HACCP an advantage
- Principles of Quality Management
- Management Information Systems
Essential Functional / Technical Skills
- Technical attitude and awareness - ability to logically diagnose technical issues
- Computer skills - MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Problem solving techniques.
- Continuous Improvement
- Statistics and data analytics and trending
- Risk assessment
The company prides itself on creating an inspiring environment for employees, generating an ethos of entrepreneurial spirit and rewarding opportunities. There are definite long-term career options for the right candidate, plus a great environment to work in.
To apply, please send your CV for more details. Please note - if you haven't received feedback within 7 days of your application you have not been successful on this occasion.