16 days ago
Quality/Construction Engineer, Contract, Bridgwater
A Quality or Construction professional is required as part of the Site Delivery Partner (SDP) team to support the delivery of a number of Construction Improvement Initiatives on behalf of the client.
The Quality/Construction Engineer will be responsible for delivering Right First Time (RFT) and Process Efficiency (PE) initiatives within the scope of the SDP, fully supporting site delivery teams to meet their objectives. The post holder will work in close collaboration with the Client and Tier 1 Contractors to ensure that construction activity is delivered consistently (safely, efficiently, right first time) and in compliance with Site Quality Assurance Programme, respecting nuclear safety is paramount at all times.
* Reviewing Client and Contractor activities to identify areas for improvement in line with agreed SDP scope.
* Carrying out causal analysis and implementing process improvement plans.
* Establish RFT process for key fabrication suppliers.
* Carrying out causal analysis for non-conformances and carry out formal improvement process.
* To provide management reports on the progress of SDP initiatives.
* RFT reporting system and non-RFT causal analysis.
* RFT improvement strategy.
* Process improvement assessment and strategy.
* Project reporting
Education and Skills
* Competence, knowledge & experience gained from a specific engineering discipline, qualified to HND level as a minimum.
* Experience in delivering major projects, preferably in the nuclear power sector, with focus on project quality and/or construction.
* A dynamic individual who is a team player a sold understanding of the quality processes across the manufacture, construction, commissioning operational handover phases.
* Ability , knowledge to be able to analyse the business to optimise standards.
* Ability to influence to provide constructive challenge which is accepted by others.
* Ability to build effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
* Pro-active & flexible, being prepared to plan work on own initiative across a broad range of issues to drive performance against all dimensions of the quality systems.
* Accuracy, tenacity, diplomacy, results oriented.
* Good organisational and time management skills.
* Proficient user of MS Office.
* Fluent in English language written verbal.
* Experience of Right First Time and Cost Of Poor Quality initiatives.
* Civils experience
* Nuclear experience, working within a regulated, licenced environment.
* Membership of an appropriate professional institution would be an advantage.