about 1 month ago
Morson International are currently working with a key client in the Nuclear sector who have a requirement for three Quality Project Engineers. The initial term of these contracts will be 3 months but may be extended to meet evolving business needs as the Wylfa Newydd construction programme develops.
Key Responsibilities of Quality Project Engineers
- To focus on the development and implementation of the programme QA and QC processes and procedures, ensuring that arrangements align with our client's Management System and are providing the necessary interfaces with other relevant departments.
- To work under the direction and supervision of the Head of Quality, support the Quality Team to provide oversight resource for activities related to management of project execution.
- To provide support to all areas of the business as they implement urgent quality improvements including provision of QA Grades and development of quality plans.
- To implement, and when required, develop Programme QA and QC processes, procedures and monitor adherence to these.
- To prepare and peer review procedures and other documentation to support the activities of the Wylfa Newydd delivery programme.
- To ensure that the programme quality arrangements identified in our client's Value Added Process are implemented within the project; typically this will include the Project Execution Plan (PEP), QA/QC activities and a suite of project quality plans covering concept, preliminary design, detailed design, procurement and quality control (Supply Chain Management), CDM, construction, and commissioning.
- To prepare and approve specifications for QA and QC requirements to suppliers.
- To audit, monitor and perform oversight activities in accordance with our client's project delivery process and procedures.
- To prepare review, and accept reports related to oversight activities of the Wylfa Newydd delivery programme.
- To assist familiarization (organizational knowledge and awareness) of the business quality requirements for performing and managing activities affecting quality.
Other Quality Activities
Our client is also undertaking action to implement urgent quality improvements in the delivery of the Company's activities and support is also required in this area. Support is required to progress development of activities including, but not limited to:
- Quality Strategy
- Strategy Implementation Plan
- Definition of a Quality Capability Plan
- Development and roll-out of training
Qualifications - minimum criteria identified:
- Degree or appropriate academic qualification (HNC, HND etc.) in a relevant engineering or science subject.
- Good working knowledge and thorough understanding of applying ASME quality standard NQA-1 within a nuclear Quality Assurance Programme.
- Formal training and qualification as Lead Auditor (e.g. ISO 9001 Lead Auditor) for supplier surveillance, with a significant working experience with QA/QC in projects.
- Knowledge and understanding of project management and project quality arrangements
- Demonstrates a track record of success, achievement and learning in a career to date, adding value within relevant positions.
- Experience within the nuclear sector and knowledge of international and UK nuclear requirements, and associated codes and standards.
- Sound and developed understanding across a range of nuclear related plant, conventional power plant, engineering issues and quality issues.
- Knowledge of the design, manufacturing processes and construction of large scale power plant structures, systems and components.
- Ability to communicate effectively and to build productive and collaborative relationships with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders of all levels.