Crawley, West Sussex
£40.00 - £42.00 per annum + Negotiable
4 days ago
An opportunity has arisen for a Quality Assurance Manager to join our prestigious client:
Provide QA support to assigned projects, planning and undertaking quality surveillance activities for systems, software and hardware, working with suppliers and internal integration teams to achieve requirements. The role will include, project QA, Software QA, QA surveillance of subcontractors, addressing customer complaints, liaising with Customers QAR, undertaking Company Quality Systems Audits when required, identifying areas for process improvement, involvement and/or leading improvement activities, etc.
1. Plan and Implement Quality Assurance on assigned projects in accordance with Company Reference system and Contract and Regulatory Requirements, including tender and contract review.
2. Work with QA and Project team members to assist in meeting objectives, targets and deadlines
3. Generate QA inputs (including formal Advices) for Project Reviews
4. Generate inputs for Project/QA Manager reports and Design Reviews
5. Lead project QA activities to ensure that tasks are carried out in accordance with agreed Work Packages and to the required process.
6. Systematically perform QA audit and surveillance activities throughout the lifetime of assigned projects, follow up on any associated issues and non-conformance's.
7. Be the prime point of contact and offer professional advice for projects on QA matters, to the customer, sub-contractors and suppliers.
8. Provide advice and assistance on Quality matters to project staff, Engineering and Operations through proactive participation, during all phases of the project.
9. Assist team leaders to train, develop, coach, induct and shared knowledge with new starters and assist in the development of existing staff.
10. Perform root cause analysis and the analysis of Quality metrics and initiate improvements, as applicable.
11. Identify trends, issues, and opportunities associated with process or product that may impact on the business.
12. Contribute & enhance the developing knowledge base within Quality by engaging and building relationships with internal & external contacts
13. Develop & evaluate an innovative approach to solutions for identified trends, issues & opportunities.
* To support & contribute to the decision making process of the AVS Quality Management team in support of the overall business objectives.
* Participate in formulating and implementing the forward strategy for quality consistent with the business strategic plan and Performance Plan.
* To increase "customer" satisfaction in the provision of quality services. To facilitate an ever increasing uptake of best practice throughout the business.
* To be responsible for the effective implementation of the Quality processes.
* To support the continuous improvement of the Quality processes.
* To support all staff in the implementation of common working practices and systems.
* To assist in formulating budgets, plans, programs and targets for the area of responsibility.
* To operate in a constructive and co-operative manner with the key relationships noted above and to maintain the Thales Key Values.
* To maintain an ethical approach to business in line with the Business Ethics Policy.
* To maintain an awareness of industry practices, processes and related standards.
1. Practical experience in Quality Assurance in the simulation, aerospace or defence industry.
2. Good basic knowledge of industry Quality and Engineering Standards and Processes and be familiar with MoD contractual requirements for Quality Assurance, such as ISO, AS9100, DO-178, AQAP & CMMI.
3. Knowledge of commercial and MoD contractual requirements and standards.
4. Knowledge of tools used in systems, hardware and software development such as DOORS, Teamcenter, Subversion, Jira.
5. Knowledge of software development lifecycles including, Waterfall and Agile.
Key performance indicators
1. Auditing skills - qualified as an auditor and have the ability to audit internally and externally to the company.
2. Quality Standards and methods knowledge - have a knowledge of standards and methods applicable to the role. Have the ability to apply this knowledge to projects and daily tasks.
3. Interpersonal skills - the ability to communicate effectively with peers and act proactively within a team environment.
4. Analytical skills - the ability to analyse data and trends effectively and advise effective rectification action.
5. Operational experience - experienced in projects, engineering, manufacturing and supply chain management.
* Desirable but not essential to have degree, HNC or higher qualification in electronics or software engineering of equivalent experience.
* Excellent communicator with strong influencing and persuasion skills.
* Quick learner - open minded and receptive to change.
* Ability to facilitate when working with teams.
* Willingness to challenge the status quo and improve on the standard.
* Ready and willing to respond to a change in direction to keep things moving forward.
* Team Player with good self and other awareness.
* Strong disciplined approach to process.
* An ability to interface well at all levels within the business, with suppliers, partners and customers.
* Ability to plan and organise workload to achieve deadlines.
* Excellent decision & problem solving skills.
* Ability to understand the wider business needs and consider appropriate strategies to drive towards business goals.
Dealing with Ambiguity - Can continue to work well despite uncertainty and change. Needs to understand & explain how to remain self-motivated & effective within matrix management organisations that are subject to change.
* Familiarity with training devices, especially Full Mission Simulators (FMS), avionics and aircraft systems.
* Familiarity with Cockpit displays, Navigation and Communication systems.
* Ability to manage the quality expectations of multiple stakeholders during Customer acceptance events.
Recognising the restricted nature of the work there is a requirement for the candidate to be eligible to obtain Security Clearance for this role.