2 months ago
Job Title: Quality Manager
Salary: Competitive Salary + Benefits
The role of the Quality manager is to ensure that all quality activities are controlled in the effective development of an environment focused on quality. To ensure continuous improvements are driven and communicated alongside the management and co-ordination of activities within the quality team.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Contribute to New business initiatives and projects
- The creation and implementation of best practice quality vision, strategy, policies, processes and procedures to aid and improve operational performance
- To understand the required monthly sales target.
- Implement all relevant procedures described in the Quality Management System (QMS) and ensure compliance
- Ensure that all in-house systems and procedures are updated, revised and modified to meet the needs of external certification bodies
- Define quality procedures, set up and maintain controls & documentation for internal & external customers
- Review customer requirements and ensure they are met.
- Liaise with customers on any quality concerns raised / Complete contract reviews
- Ensure that the manufacturing process for internal & external customers meet international & national standards
- Manage all quality engineering activities for new products using the APQP / PPAP or FAI process.
- Monitor performance by gathering relevant data & producing statistical reports.
- Maintain and display quality performance indicators
- Develop, implement and manage key performance indicators (KPIs) for each area of responsibility / Review and assess ongoing performance / Report on achievement of targets and identify any actions required
- Manage all Product and Process audits
- Ensuring that all quality and in process checks are conducted as planned.
- Ensuring control plans and associated documentation are implemented effectively and maintained
- Drive continuous improvements activities through the audit and corrective action process. / Conducting root cause analysis, Instigating permanent corrective actions
- Manage /undertake planned maintenance of Inspection equipment.
- Liaise with other Managers & staff throughout the organisation to ensure that the QA system is functioning correctly and share good practice.
- Work with Engineering & Purchasing to ensure that all sub-contractors meet the required standards.
- Working with & Assist production & engineering to achieve best methods of manufacturing.
- Implement changes to drive in improvements on all shop floor activities / Advise of any changes & implantations
- Provide training & tools to enable others to achieve quality
- Manage all lean initiatives / All aspects of 5S principles / Lean Six Sigma /Statistical Process Control
- Establish team goals and track key performance metrics to ensure continuous improvement.
- Ensure all team members receive basic training in / Lean methodologies / Lean tools used for continuous improvement and elimination of waste.
- Initiate and encourage all members of the team to take an active role in meetings and problem-solving activities such as: Assess the competency levels of all Quality Engineers/Trainees and review with Quality Director where appropriate. Conduct training of quality awareness / Sign off training completion where appropriate
- Manage the Quality team by establishing excellent ongoing working relationships / Coach and mentor the team to deliver continuous improvement, added value and cost reduction / Ensure they are appropriately motivated to carry out their responsibilities / Ensuring there are trained within their areas of responsibility and success in their role / Provide support and discipline
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the confidence to approach people at all levels of seniority / Articulate, confident communicator at all levels
- Excellent leadership and management skills with the ability to Optimise team performance and development, Engage and negotiate, Manage key stakeholders and suppliers.
- Proven experience of successfully working in a commercial management role within a business focused environment which incorporated
- Quality management systems and standards, Production and manufacturing processes and techniques, Process improvement techniques
Person Specification - Required Education, Training, Skills & Experience:
- Previous experience in working on quality management systems within a Tier 1/Tier 2 automotive manufacturing environment
- Strong knowledge in ISO 9001 having been involved in audits. Equivalent in TS16949/2009 - IATF 16949:2016
- Ability to manage Supplier Quality and development
- Capable of training in Statistical Process Controls
- Experience in Six Sigma - Black Belt / Green Belt
- Experienced in batch manufacture of precision engineered products