Wigan, Greater Manchester
£45000.00 - £55000.00 per annum
5 months ago
Location: Greater Manchester
Position : Quality Manager (Packaging / FMCG)
Salary: Up to £55K + Strong Benefits
This exciting role gives you the opportunity to join a leading European packaging manufacturer with strong values at its core and history of sustainability and innovation. You will be responsible for leading the site Quality and Product Safety agenda, ensuring the full deployment of the quality strategy and Product Safety, systems and processes to ensure product quality.
- You will be responsible for leading the site Quality and Product Safety agenda, ensuring the full deployment of the quality strategy and Product Safety, systems and processes to ensure product quality,
- Manage the day to day activities relevant to Quality and Product Safety, coordinating activities required to meet Company, Plant, Stakeholder and regulatory quality standards.
- Ensure compliance with specific external and internal standards including BRC, ISO 9001.
- Ensure the site is always at 'Audit Ready' status.
- Effectively investigate and process complaints, managing the process for any corrective and preventative action.
- Develop and maintain quality and food safety metrics and reporting for both internal and external purposes including complaints, internal NCR's, in-house rejects, customer returns and cost of all errors and waste.
- Represent the Quality Department within the Site Leadership Team, playing a full part in the delivery of the site strategy and budget.
- Help develop a culture of compliance and continuous improvement across the site.
Skills, Qualification & Attributes
- Fully qualified Internal Auditor (Preferably lead auditor)
- Extensive experience of developing and managing quality systems and audit processes with previous experience of BRC, ISO & food safety standards
- Previous experience in Print/packaging industry a distinct advantage
- Proven ability to implement process improvement initiatives
- Strong knowledge of operational/production KPIs
- Previous experience of line managing or supervising teams
The company prides itself on creating an inspiring environment for employees, generating an ethos of entrepreneurial spirit and rewarding opportunities. To apply, please call 0161 707 1516 or send your CV to Alex Tyrrell for more details.