Manchester, Greater Manchester
3 months ago
- Provide support and leadership to team leaders, operator and support staff.
- Establish and maintain an environment that relentlessly monitors, assists, and motivates the pursuit of defect-free performance within the division and manufacturing facility.
- Develop criteria by which division management can measure the cost of Quality at various organizational levels within the division, and then create performance goals for Quality.
- Establish departmental goals to minimize budgetary expenditures while maintaining and improving the overall Quality system.
- Drive necessary actions across organization in order to secure and retain applicable Quality / environmental certifications.
- Maintain record systems and participate in Quality audits.
- Ensure relevant Quality systems are in place.
- Adept in implementation of FEMA Control Plans and other tools in the Advance Quality Planning (APQP).
- Execute capability studies and evaluate results.
- Work with cross-functional team to coordinate FAIR's, Concessions, FPA's with OEM's and suppliers.
- Prepare documents for customer acceptance.
- Address supplier Quality issues as required.
- Complete root cause analysis, containment and drive corrective actions at suppliers and through internal processes utilizing the Six Sigma DMAIC problem solving approach.
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor's Degree in an engineering discipline - quality emphasis is a plus. They will have continuous improvement experience and be Six Sigma qualified. The successful candidate will have experience in an Aerospace or similar manufacturing environment with an ISO or AS9100, QS9000 quality program; ASQ/CQE preferred. They will have a strong technical background and hands-on approach to problem-solving and excellent communication skills.
If this sounds of interest to you, and you'd like to know more about the position, please contact Louise at Morson on 0117 933 4590.