East London, London
3 months ago
To support the Head of Quality with specific accountability for Stations, Shafts and Portals, in
implementing all aspects of Crossrail's quality assurance management system through design,
construction, testing, commissioning and handover and leading the team that will monitor and
oversee contractor performance and compliance with all contractual information governing quality
control and quality assurance.
- Establishing a right-first-time culture across the client teams, Tier 1 suppliers and the supply
chain, that puts quality at the heart of project delivery.
- Ensuring that Tier 1 suppliers implement appropriate quality management arrangements,
supported by the deployment of competent resources, that extend into the supply chain and
that establish plans for successful delivery.
- Ensuring that Tier 1 suppliers' quality systems and processes are fully aligned to the
contracted requirements and support Crossrail's procedures for project fulfilment.
- Ensuring that Crossrail's auditing of Tier 1 and supply chain quality management
arrangements provide overall assurance to the SSP Delivery Director and identify issues for
immediate resolution by suppliers.
- Ensuring that Tier 1 suppliers implement appropriate and achievable Inspection and Test
plans, achieving quality outputs consistent with contracted requirements, fully supported with
- Ensuring that the Stakeholders' (Chief Engineers Group (CEG) and the Infrastructure
Managers) requirements to review and witness Tier 1 and supply chain quality activities are
identified and scheduled, including the provision of samples, benchmarks, off-site and on-site
inspection and testing.
- Ensuring that any deviations from contracted requirements are permitted only after
endorsement by authorised Crossrail CEG personnel and recorded as concessions.
- Ensuring that Tier 1 suppliers implement appropriate arrangements for the identification of
defects and their subsequent rectification, remediation or repair.
- Leading investigations and problem-solving exercises (SPOT-On or equivalent) jointly with
Tier 1 Contractors into significant supplier failures and major (CAT 1) and recurring nonconformances, monitoring supplier implementation of corrective and preventive action plans.
- Establishing procedures for the progressive collation of learning amongst the Tier 1 suppliers,
the supply chain and the client teams, and monitoring the implementation of subsequent
- Ensure Crossrail Observations are undertaken effectively, meeting defined targets and
involve all relevant stakeholders e.g. CEG and Infrastructure Managers.
- Ensure the Crossrail Delivery Team's review and effective implementation of ITPs, subcontractor/
supplier quality plans, quality system procedures, test plans, quality improvement
- Ensure that the Contractor and Crossrail Delivery Team is effectively managing the closeout
of NCRs, CARs and Crossrail Observations.
- Working collaboratively with the contractor to drive the closure of Completion Readiness
- Assessment Framework (CRAF) findings and ensure appropriate preparations are in place for
future CRAF assessments to enable a seamless handover to the Infrastructure Managers
(IMs) via the Employer's Completion Process (ECP).
- Production of periodic quality reports to provide visibility of Contractor and Crossrail Delivery
Team Quality performance.
- Support the periodic Quality Focus Meeting (QFM) process to ensure any quality issues are
captured and actions are progressed.
- Support the Contractor and Crossrail Delivery Team's review in the timely compilation and
right first time" submission of certification packages to support the ongoing assurance of the
- Support the Crossrail Supervisor's Representative to ensure any quality concerns are
communicated formally to the Contractor and they are tracked to resolution.
- Develop and present quality training to the Crossrail Delivery Team and Contractor staff
- Establishing an effective working relationship with the SSP Delivery Director to ensure support and oversight of the delivery team's management of contractor quality.
- Ensuring the appropriate assignment of available resources to support the individual delivery
For more information please contact Tim Jordan