Greater Manchester, England
7 months ago
Job Title: Quality Manager
Salary: Competitive Salary + Benefits (Inc. Company Car, Contributory Pension, Bonus)
This is a superb opportunity for an experienced Quality professional to join this global manufacturer as they continue to develop their product range and customer portfolio. Promoting and improving the quality culture across the bus
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Identification of general and specific Quality issues
- Identify common themes to focus actions in areas that will have the most effect.
- Prompt detailed investigation and reporting of the root cause into SAP
- Capture of all Quality issues (wrong specification, manufacturing, assembly, software, missing/wrong equipment/parts, transit damage, delays)
- Regular contact with relevant Quality Managers in group to progress, fix and learn about issues.
- Work with Quality team, Customer Service, Production, Engineering and Supplier to drive root cause investigation and corrective and preventative actions in response to Quality issues.
- Development of product Quality plans that support early identification of defects.
- Managing supplier assessment
- Responsible for speed of parts/equipment delivery
- Progress checks on corrective response by the Quality teams
- Responsible for keeping customer informed on progress of repairs
- Dealing with customer Quality issues
- Raising and input of Reclaims
- Liaising with on reclaim priorities (the number of quality issues needs to be limited so not to overload).
- Monitor customer materials and any variation to specification that affects running of machines. Inform and charge customer for any corrective work rather than accept responsibility
- Attending and contributing to group Quality meetings
- Compile and report Quality performance data including supplier Quality dashboards, error rates, top 10 issues and corrective action / preventative action status.
- Manage returns process and disposition of returned goods including SAP system processing, rework evaluation and interactions with Customer Service.
- Coordinate the return of items considered under warranty with the supplier and arrange replacement, repair or credit.
- Ensure all non-conforming items (including existing stock) are identified and isolated or disposed of in accordance with the agreed procedure. Arrange supply of replacement parts or equipment.
- Perform Quality inspections and audits during assembly to identify errors and Quality defects.
- Managing the Quality System
Person Specification - Required Education, Training, Skills & Experience:
- Experience of hands on inspection of components
- Understanding of Quality auditing techniques.
- Experience Designing, implementing and developing QMS - ISO 9001
- Experienced and an understanding of engineering design and product reliability concepts and tool sets.
- A knowledge of gauging and basic understanding of product material properties
- Strong experience in root cause and corrective action.
- Promote quality culture across the business, identifying improvements where necessary
- A strong communicator with the ability to build relationships across the business from director level to shop floor
- Managing customer expectations and being their voice within the business.
- Strong negotiation skills with a calm and diplomatic approach to respond to Quality concerns at all levels within the business
- Hands on pragmatic Quality Manager with a "can do" attitude
- The ability to influence decisions at senior management level.
- A strong commercial focus on customer service levels and satisfaction.
This is a global business which prides itself on creating an inspiring environment for employees, generating an ethos of entrepreneurial spirit and rewarding opportunities. To apply, please send your CV for more details.