Ellesmere Port, Cheshire
Up to £27038 per annum + 10% bonus paid monthly
6 months ago
Responsible for carrying out laboratory testing of raw materials and finished product.
- Perform chemical analysis
- Maintain Laboratory records and follow procedures
- Deputise for some microbiological duties as required
- Write and Review laboratory methods
- Ensure lab supplies are monitored and stock levels maintained
- Ensure all test material and equipment are cleaned, handled and stored correctly
- Carry out internal audits
- Train other staff as required
- Ensure the lab is kept clean and tidy
- Deputies for Quality Technologist as required
- To comply with all Food Safety Legislation communicated through the Hygiene Policy, the Quality System and Briefings
- Prepare all items for Job Change in line with production schedule.
- Ensure all records and documentation are completed and retained in line with company guidelines.
Principles of the team:
- Continually satisfy customer requirements
- Prevention not Detection
- Everyone responsible for Quality
- Right First Time
- Continuous Improvement
Skills & Experience:
- Prior/ Current experience within a Food/ Beverage/Pharmaceutical based Production laboratory
- Preferable education within a scientific discipline ideally chemistry
- Knowledge and understanding of laboratory protocols
- Good attention to detail and methodical in nature
- Good computer skills.
- Good communication skills for dealing with quality and production staff.
This a company that prides itself on creating an inspiring environment for employees, generating an ethos of entrepreneurial spirit and rewarding opportunities. Extremely successful business and over the past few years have grown phenonomenally, certainly long-term career options for the right candidate, plus a great environment to work in.
To apply, please send your CV for more details. Please note - if you haven't received feedback within 7 days of application you have not been successful on this occasion.