Washington, Tyne and Wear
Up to £24.00 per hour
3 months ago
Morson International are looking to recruit a Quality Inspector on behalf of our defence client based in the North-East of England.
The role of the Quality Inspector is to support the Quality Assurance Engineer, ensuring that products and processes comply with the relevant requirements of the quality management system and that product quality meets or exceeds the customer requirements.
Responsibilities include but are not solely limited to:
- To understand safe systems of work and risk assessments.
- To adhere to all health and safety instruction and to undertake any training or guidance as requested.
- To help support safety improvement plans.
- To measure a range of products using 1st principle measurement techniques such as; inside/outside/depth micrometers, digital calipers, digital height Verniers, shadowgraph/profile projectors etc
- To carry out product and process validations and capability studies in accordance with engineering drawings.
- To generate product inspection reports.
- To report quality issues to the relevant Quality Assurance Engineer or Manager.
- To attend operations and continuous improvement meetings as the Quality representative.
- To fully engage in continuous improvement activities to enhance the quality system such as Kaizen, 5S and other lean manufacturing techniques.
- Support the day to day manufacture of Washington products and the delivery of the Washington Manufacturing Schedule.
- Supporting with site audits.
- Preparing quality data reports.
- Shift working flexibility.
- Be receptive to new ideas.
Time served quality technician or equivalent in a manufacturing industry.
Computer literacy (database, spreadsheet, word processing).
An understanding of process capability studies and competent report writing skills.
The ability to read and interpret engineering drawings.