£20.00 - £24.00 per hour
7 months ago
As a Source Inspector within the Quality department you will ensure that manufactured products meet company and customer quality specifications.
The work involves working very closely with production personnel carrying out scheduled and random checks on product quality during the production process and also final tests prior to products being dispatched to the customer. You will also be involved with conducting investigations into products that require improvement as specified by Management and Fault trends identified. It is an important part of the role to be able to identify where in the production process problems or faults could have arisen. Other duties may include preparing inspection plans, cross training with other Technicians and evaluating quality cost.
Duties and Responsibilities:
You will be a highly motivated self-starter, and a dedicated team member who is customer focused, detail orientated. You will possess good written and communication skills:
- Reviewing current work practices to identify areas in which quality or productivity could be improved
- Supporting internal quality audits
- Supporting external quality audits
- Coordinating systems to monitor customer satisfaction levels
- Supporting with the investigation of customers quality concerns
- Working with suppliers to resolve quality issues
- Writing reports on test results and quality problems
- Identify inconsistencies and discover their causes
- Compliance with Environmental, Health and Safety Legislation and Company's Policies.
- Able to read and interpret engineering and circuit drawings as applicable
- Good analytical and problems solving skills
- Writing technical reports
- Able to work well on their own or in a team
- Good standard in computer literacy
- Attention to detail and accuracy
Quality Source Inspectors must be meticulous in their work and attention to detail, an aptitude for working with data and have a solid grasp of the sciences and basic engineering concepts is helpful. Because Source Inspectors work as part of an integrated team, excellent interpersonal and communication skills are also desirable.
** You may be expected on occasion to travel on company business as part of your duties to both UK and overseas supplier**