Kelso, Scottish Borders
Aerospace and Defence, Airworthiness Engineering , Aerospace Electronics Engineering , Supportability Engineering , Aircraft Fitter, Maritime Defence , Aviation Safety , Aerospace Project Management , Commercial Aviation , Aerospace Mechanical Engineering , Aerospace Manufacturing, Aerospace Design and Concept, Aerospace Software and Systems, Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul (MRO), Mechanical Aerospace Inspection, Aerospace Structural Analysis Engineering, Security Cleared, Quality Assurance
Up to £0.00 per annum
3 months ago
Quality Engineer (Aerospace & Defence)
Plexus are a global leader in complex product design, manufacturing, supply chain and aftermarket services across various industry sectors including Aerospace, Defence, Military, Medical and Industrial. When you join Plexus, you'll be part of a collaborative, imaginative team of problem-solvers. You'll partner with leading companies across the globe to bring exciting, life-changing new technologies to their customers.
Due to continued success we are currently looking to recruit a Quality Engineer to be based at our site in Kelso, Scotland where we specialise in electronic manufacturing for the aerospace and defence sectors.
This is an exciting and new opportunity whereby you will report into the Head of Quality supporting the site by providing guidance in quality management for the aerospace and defence regulatory bodies for end-to-end manufacturing, repair processes, operations, defect prevention system establishment and maintenance.
Key Job Accountabilities:
* Understand and maintain knowledge of all applicable industry compliance regulations and standards required, including but not limited to ISO 9001, QSR, ITAR, AS9100, NADCAP, etc. quality and risk management systems. Support customers by providing relevant documentation for regulatory submissions
* Lead the site in ongoing audit and inspection readiness activities, preparing for and participating in/host site quality and product audits by internal audit staff, customer, or regulatory resources (including UL, CSA, TUV, etc.)
* Perform assigned site and regional internal audits, supporting the development and execution of the internal audit program
* Aid site with route-cause analysis, corrective/preventive actions and continuous improvement across common quality issues (for CAPA/CCM/NC/SCAR as required) perform compliance CAPA approvals where required
* Support the processes for change requests, validation documentation and risk management documentation
* Perform regular reviews of the operational areas to ensure Good Manufacturing Practices are consistently and appropriately utilised
What we are looking for from you:
* Experience in an Aerospace/Military/Defence product environment
* Experience of using Quality Systems Tools is essential
* Strong working knowledge of Regulatory and Standard requirements for CAPA
* Experience with problem solving methodologies is required Lean Six Sigma certification is desirable
* Experience in PFMEA and Control Plan development
* Internal Audit experience is required internal audit certification is desirable however training may be given
In return a competitive salary and benefits package is on offer including fantastic working hours, flexible working, development and progression opportunities and relocation assistance. At Plexus we value our employees and offer a great work life balance with an idyllic office location.