North Yorkshire, England
24 days ago
Job Title: Quality Engineer
Location: North Yorkshire
Salary: Negotiable DOE + Benefits (Including Contribution pension, Bonus)
The Successful Candidate will be involved with all Quality Assurance aspects of New Product Introduction, Manufacturing Processing, Customer Service and Customer Warranty.
- To introduce and drive a quality development plan which increases overall quality of both products and service at Sherburn with the aim of reducing warranty claims to a low level.
- To ensure this plan is communicated and that key performance indicators are put in place to achieve a step change in quality standards.
- To ensure that the quality systems are in place which allow us to achieve required standards and focusses on Prevention not Detection.
- To monitor the effectiveness of such standards and implement changes as necessary.
- To develop a continuous improvement culture which addresses the root cause analysis of customer complaints.
- To ensure compliance with the requirements of ISO9001:2015 and all other certifications currently in place including CE marking.
- The person must demonstrate strong leadership skills, and strong drive for results.
- They will need to have strength of character and determination not be distracted from achieving key goals or reducing complaints and improving overall quality.
- The person should have an excellent working knowledge of driving continuous improvement and be able to demonstrate the ability to being about step change through working closely with everyone from shop floor to senior management.
- A qualification in a technical subject is preferred - Engineering/Quality
- The person should have knowledge and experience of modern quality management techniques and tools such as problem solving (5why/fishbone/8D etc) SPC etc.
- The person should ideally have spent time managing quality and manufacturing processes within a continuous production environment i.e. multi shift basis.
- Broad experience of general manufacturing management would be a distinct advantage (Fabrication, Welding, powder coating, Assembly)
The company prides itself on creating an inspiring environment for employees, generating an ethos of entrepreneurial spirit and rewarding opportunities. There are definite long-term career options for the right candidate, plus a great environment to work in.
To apply, please send your CV for more details. Please note - if you haven't received feedback within 7 days of application you have not been successful on this occasion.