Up to £0.00 per annum
6 months ago
Our client based at nuclear sites in either Oxfordshire and Dorchester have a permanent position for a Quality Engineer to provide quality and management system support to projects and facilities in accordance with Nuclear Site Licence requirements, statutory regulations and company and location directives, procedures and safety rules.
* Maintain your own safe & secure workplace, identifying safety, environmental and information security risks and hazards then apply STAR and report unusual occurrences
* Set out controls to ensure the safe delivery of tasks and ensure compliance with the local and company Management System
* Set out controls to ensure the safe delivery of operations within a radiological environment and ensure compliance with Management System requirements.
* Maintain knowledge of the relevant local and company management systems
* Lead on the development and maintenance of your personal skill, knowledge, authorisation and training required for your role.
* Establish and maintain an appropriate and effective level of stakeholder engagement.
* Challenge the status quo and identify future opportunities through innovation within area of professionalism/ function/ business and process.
* Provide specialist quality and management system support to projects
* Provide specialist support advice and assist with the development and implementation of project management plans and supporting quality plans.
* Assist with the development and maintenance of local management system arrangements to meet project requirements.
* Assist with the development and implementation of QA Grading and CFSI procedures
* Assist with the specification of procurement requirements and the selection of contractors with particular reference to quality and quality management requirements.
* Advise on examination, inspection and test requirements relating to procured items of plant and equipment.
* Assist with the development and implementation of project self-monitoring plans.
* Promote the effective implementation of management system requirements within assigned projects.
* Act as a focal point for the co-ordination of independent assessments relating to the areas supported.
* Assist with the definition of effective corrective and preventive actions.
* Support the effective deployment of company-wide policies, processes, systems and procedures ensuring that at all time the business remains compliant. This includes, but is not limited to, the need to comply with the company's Equality and Diversity Policy and undertake identified associated learning and development activities.
Formal quality management qualification to at least NVQ L3 level
Member of a relevant professional institute
Certificate in Environmental Management / Safety / QA
A thorough understand of Quality Management principles & processes
An understanding of the importance of quality in relation to nuclear safety and waste management
Knowledge of nuclear quality management practices including inspection and testing of manufactured items.
May be required to travel to other sites and off site meetings