£30.00 - £31.20 per annum
7 months ago
An opportunity for a Quality Engineer has arisen with our prestigious client BAE
Responsible for creating and implementing test and evaluation quality management strategy and processes to support our ambitious growth plans. This will involve being responsible for developing test and evaluation quality plans, the auditing of test and evaluation processes, supplier audit and evaluation, managing updates to documents related to test and evaluation and taking a lead on continuous improvement and performance measurement activities.
Main duties and responsibilities:
* Develop and implement the BAE Systems Quality management strategy and plans, including systems and processes, to support the organisations annual plan and long-term strategy.
* Develop and maintain systems to measure performance against standards.
* Work with Operations/Facilities, Project Management and Technical Teams to create Quality Plans.
* Work closely with the Head of Quality - Land (UK) to ensure that the developed Test and Evaluation Quality practices and procedures implement are consistent with company strategy and are ISO17025:2017 compliant
* Ensure all process changes are carried out in a controlled and systematic manner.
* Conduct internal audits, supplier audits and risk assessments taking corrective actions when necessary
* Liaise with customers and suppliers where necessary (where impacting/affected by quality issues)
* Be responsible for creating a supplier evaluation and audit programme. Monitor supplier performance and improvement activities
* Carry out audits of test and evaluation and Quality Control processes and procedures to ensure that ISO17025:2017 principles are consistently being applied.
* Make recommendations to documentation practices and test and evaluation processes that will instil a culture of continual improvement.
* Manage all CAPA activities.
* Develop processes and procedures to ensure that there is continuous improvement in all company operations and that waste is kept to a minimum.
* Formal Quality Management qualification - Ideally MSc
* Lead Auditor trained (ISO9001,ISO17025:2017)
* Good inter-personal skills
* Technical competence and good problem solving and analytical skills.
* Good problem solving skills
* Ability to communicate effectively, especially with operations departments
Recognising the restricted nature of the work there is a requirement for the candidate to be eligible to obtain Security Clearance for this role.