£35000 - £40000 per annum
7 months ago
Morson International are currently recruiting for a Quality Engineer on a 6-month Fixed Term Contract to work for a leading engineering business based in Cheltenham. As Quality Engineering your job will be to perform an assurance role within the business, assuring that processes are being followed in accordance with the requirements of the Business Management System (BMS). Where there are failures, you will then identify, and recommend quality/business improvements to maintain approvals.
As Quality Engineer you will;
- Performing an assurance role that verifies and demonstrates that the Quality approval requirements are being met by the business
- Plan and carry out a schedule of audits and assessments with completion of associated documentation and activities in accordance with the BMS
- Manage completion and effectiveness of Corrective and Preventative measures
- Provide an independent monitoring function for compliance with airworthiness and customer requirements
- Support of any investigations arising from Quality issues through to their documented conclusion, with supporting root cause analysis and solutions to prevent re-occurrence
- Ensuring Quality measures with associated targets are maintained for QA Compliance
- Support of external Quality audits, assessments and visits by customers and authorities
- Ensuring that improvements identified from the compliance activities are fedback into the BMS
- Ensuring that regular shop floor checks are performed, reported and any associated issues are effectively resolved
- Support in the coordination of timely responses and resolution of quality issues identified
- Provide training in Compliance requirements as necessary
- Completion of agreed personal and departmental objectives and initiatives
- Develop and support of a business improvement culture and associated activities e.g. process mapping, lean, etc
To be successful in this position you will have a generous amount of experience with Quality/Business Improvements and will have worked extensively with a quality management system before. As you will be working within a manufacturing environment an understanding of this industry is a must; being able to communicate effectively with both internal and external customers. Knowledge of Aerospace standard (EASA, AS9100) would be a distinct advantage but not essential for this role.
This is a 6-month FTC to cover a period of growth within the business.
For more information please contact Taylor on 0117 933 4590 or apply online today!