£39000.00 - £50000.00 per annum + Negotiable DOE
7 months ago
Morson International are pleased to be working with our Client who has current requirements for Quality Engineers for a Nuclear site in Kent.
The Quality Engineer will provide positive leadership on quality matters within the Site Project Teams and promote the adoption of best practice to promote a culture that delivers positive commitment to quality and engages all employees in continuous improvement.
Your role will include, but will not be restricted to the following:
* To monitor and report on the effectiveness of the quality management system and to make recommendations for improvement as appropriate.
* To ensure project activities comply with relevant procedures and QA requirements.
* Accountable to the Project Portfolio Manager, with functional responsibilities to Investment Delivery Quality Lead.
* Compile a Surveillance Plan to address Quality related risks associated with the project portfolio.
* Carrying out surveillances to the agreed plan of Project and Contractor Quality Plans, policies & procedures.
* Reviewing, commenting on and assisting with the mark-up of Quality Plans, Quality Programmes and Project Definition Documents as part of the IDP process.
* Assisting Project Managers in carrying out surveillance and inspection visits to manufacturers and subcontractors on or off site as required.
Acting as team champion for Quality Assurance by...
* Being first point of contact with Station QA Group.
* Ensuring the project activities comply with Corporate Quality standards & procedures.
* Acting as first point of contact for advice on Quality Plans and Quality arrangements.
* Assisting Project Managers in establishing quality management arrangements at the beginning of a project and maintaining them through the project life cycle.
* Maintaining awareness of relevant procedures and disseminating information on requirements, changes and updates by establishing and maintaining links with Investment Delivery Quality Lead and the Quality Peer Group.
* Identifying and driving continuous improvement opportunities within the Quality Management System.
* Assisting in maintaining supplier & contractor quality arrangements including monitoring of their plans, method statements and other procedures.
* Monitoring and supporting change management including technical queries and concessions.
* Maintaining and logging of surveillance close outs, non-conformities and associated trend analysis.
* Complete a monthly report on quality performance identifying good practices and any deteriorating trends to the PPM and the ID QA Process Lead.
* Supporting the PPM with governance checks on the quality aspects of Gate approval submissions under the IDP process.
* Assisting with document control issues, including project management.
* HNC in a Technical Discipline or equivalent.
* Recognised BS EN ISO 9001 Internal Auditor Training completed.
* Ideally certified as a IRCA Lead Auditor
* Demonstrated proficiency in auditing and surveillance of client and contractor activities.
* The candidate should be aware of the Site Licence requirements on quality assurance and arrangements required to ensure compliance.
* Demonstrate proficiency in Quality Management standards and guidelines including the current versions of BS EN IS0 9001.
* Working knowledge of the current versions of IAEA.GSR-3&2, BS EN ISO14001 & OHSAS 18001.
* Able to demonstrate proficiency in Quality Management practices, methods and processes.
* Ideally the candidate will have experience within Projects Quality Management, ideally within the Nuclear Industry or other similar regulated environments.
For more information regarding these positions please contact the Leiston office on 01728 832862.
Alternatively email your up to date CV to