Katie Robson Hill
5 months ago
Morson International are currently recruiting for a Quality Engineer for a permanent role in the Bedfordshire area. This is an opportunity to join a market leading manufacturing business who are leaders in their field working on many prestigious projects in the aerospace and defence sector.
The successful applicant will plan and coordinate quality activities. The role will involve building effective close working relationships both internal and externally to influence quality culture and challenge the ways of working.
The responsibilities will include:
- Leading the completion of internal First Article Activity packs and verifying the integrity of external First Article Activity packs per AS9102
- Represent the Quality function at internal review meetings
- Conducting and leading both internal and external supplier quality audits
- Support AS9100 and Regulatory audit control and maintenance
- Assist with the daily Material Review Board (MRB) meetings
- Ensure that all documentation conforms to industry / customer quality standards & supports customer new product needs
- Act upon Internal NRFT and External NRFT issues with timely containment and robust sustainable corrective actions through root cause corrective action investigations
- Drive Change via quality tools (APQP) to achieve a quality launch
- Support engineering change management of components / materials
- Actively participate in continuous improvement process - internal - external, quality, cost, innovation, delivery and management
- Devise inspection, testing and evaluation methods
- Support supplier verification activities
- Occasional travel may be necessary
The ideal candidate will have experience within the Aerospace industry working within a quality management system approved to AS9100. You will have experience of conducting first article inspections to AS9102 or a similar equivalent, for example, in the automotive industry working to QS9000 or TS16949.
In addition to this you will have experience of liaising with customer quality representatives, regulatory authorities and similar organisations. You will have knowledge of flow-charting and process models, writing quality procedures, quality plans, standard operating procedures also be able to conduct supplier audits and internal audits on products, processes and procedures.
There maybe occasional travel required in this role, within the UK and internationally.