North West England, England
5 months ago
Job Title: Quality Engineer (Aerospace)
Location: Cheshire (Commutable from Runcorn, Chester, Widnes, Warrington, Manchester, Northwich, Deeside, Flintshire, Liverpool, Wirral)
Salary: Competitive + Strong company benefitsRole overview
The Quality Engineer will also work closely with the manufacturing teams in Cheshire and where relevant with Manufacturing Engineering, Design and Procurement to facilitate the Non-conformance Management Process within specific project teams.
The day-to-day role concentrates within product validation and certification in line with AS9110 and EASA Part 145.
Key responsibilities (but not limited to):
- Ensuring compliance with standards from regulatory authorities
- Promoting improving quality standards by participating in continuous improvement initiatives
- Department procedures including technique sheets and standard operating procedures.
- Ensuring product conformity
- Auditing QMS requirements Internally and within the supply chain.
The ideal candidate will have:
- EASA Part 145 Certifying experience (EASA Form 1) - Minimum of 6 months in last 2 years
- Familiarity and working knowledge of AS9110 & EASA Part 21G
- Sound quality background within the Aerospace sector
- Detail Orientated
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and CMM's
- Strong communicator, both verbal and written
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Competent problem solving (RCCA, 8D, 5Y Analysis, PPS or similar)
- Quality Improvement techniques (6-Sigma, LEAN, TQM or similar)
- Internal Audit Experience in a manufacturing or engineering environment
- FAA Experience (Desirable)
- Extensive working knowledge of hydraulic components and assemblies (Desirable)
The company prides itself on creating an inspiring environment for employees, generating an ethos of entrepreneurial spirit and rewarding opportunities. To apply, please call 0161 707 1516 or send your CV to Alex Tyrrell for more details.