9 months ago
The focus of this role is full engagement with the existing supply base to ensure Quality standards and policies are adhered to. This will require leading regular supplier audits and continuous improvement planning to maintain robust Quality Systems throughout the supply base. In addition to maintenance of the supply base the role will require support in new supplier evaluation and selection. The role involves regular travel to Suppliers. Dependent on priority, capacity and surge activity across the function you may be expected to temporarily deploy to other areas within the Supplier Development function to undertake activity commensurate with your level, capability and functional skill at the discretion of the Head of Procurement.
- Support the Supplier Quality Manager in ensuring a robust supplier selection and approval process is developed and maintained to support contractual requirements, including maintenance of the Approved Supplier List
- Provide the necessary Quality Assurance (QA) input to the procurement process ensuring that system/platform integrity is maintained
- Support the external Supplier Quality audit programme, ensuring all suppliers of products and services are ranked, scheduled, audited and reported on appropriately.
- Liaise with suppliers in relation to the resolution of matters pertaining to Quality, including performing on-site visits to suppliers to resolve quality issues
- Maintain the appropriate EFR/NSR/NCR systems, ensuring issues are resolved in a timely manner
- Co-ordinate and support the timely resolution of quality issues, investigations and customer concerns, ensuring they are recorded and reported on in line with established Business Processes.
- Provide QA advice and support to the I&RM business, including in the development and maintenance of Business System policies and processes to satisfy management system and contractual requirements
- Provide the necessary QA support for external audits and visits to I&RM
- Report periodically to I&RM Senior Management Team on the performance of the I&RM Quality Management System and Supplier Performance
- Support the Procurement ITT and PQQ Process.
- Support Procurement in Alternate sourcing activities.
- Ensure Company health, safety and environmental procedures are implemented and complied with at all times.